TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Mid-Rise Scissors lift
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Mid-Rise Scissors lift

Posted by MyBlueZ on February 01, 2023 at 7:01 AM
  This message has been viewed 181 times.

In Reply To Mid-Rise Scissors lift posted by JMartz on January 31, 2023 at 01:13 PM

Message Hi Jose --

I have a 1st gen MaxJax 2-post mid-rise lift. Yes it is more involved to get set up than either the Quickjack or a scissor lift. My garage floor wasn't thick enough so I had to cut and pour some new concrete. But it was worth it. I haven't had the Z up yet since I'm still collecting parts and trying to find the time to work on it. But I have done several maintenance sessions with my Audi (oil changes, brakes, dual-clutch fluid) and my wife's former Honda (oil, coolant, wheel bearings, shocks, struts, springs, control arms, etc) and the lift has been a lifesaver.

I do still need to set up a secondary mount point for one post because my truck (an old Mazda) is very narrow and the frame sits pretty far inboard so the arms can't reach in the widers position I have set for my other cars including the Z. I have frame cradles as well as hard rubber pinch-weld pads.

If you are still in the Atlanta area you are welcome to come by my house and check it out. Just let me know.

Jeff

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.