TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - yes, my profile is up-to-date. I was trying to find an
People Seeking Info

Subject yes, my profile is up-to-date. I was trying to find an

Posted by Woodnutz (PA) on January 26, 2023 at 10:19 AM
  This message has been viewed 173 times.

In Reply To Maybe I'm out of the loop posted by megaDan on January 26, 2023 at 08:26 AM

Message email from Scott Taylor, but it may have actually been a phone call when we were talking power numbers. I asked him what he would recommend as a target given the original long block on E85. He then explained that one of his common recommendations for those who aren't building up their engine, but want to go to E85, you can stay with the OEM (or similar, i.e. GT525) turbos and tune to 500whp or a little above. He said you CAN push up towards 600, but you're really starting to press your luck there. He noted the ring lands on the pistons as the first weak point.

Sure this is hearsay, but I know he has a ton of experience with our cars. It's all he works on in their shop. That said, I don't know if the tuner I'll be using (John Kerr - JK Tuning in Carlisle, PA) will be able to replicate whatever magic recipe Scott has or if my can can truly support it - we'll eventually see. He does have a good reputation here, and was highly recommended by a couple friends of mine with 800-1000hp cars.

At the end of the day, 500whp is the target... hopefully I'll be able to safely get there.

- Aaron

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.