TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Interesting. Never heard of that stuff
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Interesting. Never heard of that stuff

Posted by VinZmax on January 14, 2023 at 10:16 PM
  This message has been viewed 127 times.

In Reply To Interesting. Never heard of that stuff posted by ZXoltan on January 13, 2023 at 06:55 PM

Message Quick summary is that it's coolant without the water. So it boils at about 375 degrees F. No pressure build up, so never any coolant puking out.
The only amount that will come out of the rad (with the low pressure cap) is from mechanical expansion. Then it pulls back what it needs when it cools. You can pull the cap off when you just had a hard run, and the coolant will just sit there. YES, hot of course, so you would not want to put your finger down into it.

Koenigsegg used to use this (maybe still does) and so does Nobile Automotive.
Jay Leno used the stuff on his old classics to prevent corrosion in the cooling system.

Some people say the car runs hotter because water has a better themal advantage to remove heat. But the other thought is, when water is on the cylinder heads, it tends to form a vapor pocket when really, really, REALLY not and hence does not cool and caused detonation. Whereas this stuff cannot because it stays as a liquid all the way to 375 degrees.

It's mostly propyene glycol with other corrosion inhibitors. You have to get all the water out of your system to use it. They have a chaser fluid to help with this.
I'm not in ANY way associated with this company. I just know I like it because I know I'll never have a hose blow due to overboil and pressure and and if I did have some leak, it would come out slow due to the lack of any pressure in the system.

I have not had any overheating with this stuff and I run underdrive pulley on the water pump (but I also run a Mishimoto rad that has extra cooling capacity over the stock system).

It's not cheap, but it's not ridiculous either. And you never change it, so there's that as well.

Like i said, some love it, some hate it. But I like the science of it and that fact that even though it may cool less 'thermally' than straight water, it will not form a vapor barrier no matter how hot it gets, and that's their science behind why to use it, and how it will prevent engine damage at really high temps.

Vinnie

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.