TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - In good conscience, I have to expound, sorry.
People Seeking Info

Subject In good conscience, I have to expound, sorry.

Posted by robo (sebring1970) on January 11, 2023 at 3:35 PM
  This message has been viewed 152 times.

In Reply To How is Cali? posted by Z DNA on January 09, 2023 at 12:03 PM

Message Any big city, you stay out of the bad sections. That is common sense. You're going to a wedding so I doubt you'll have much reason to stray.

I don't know if you are familiar with the strata system of social classification in Colombia. Strata 1 is the poorest, while Strata 6 is luxury. 80% of the population lives in Strata 1-2. When I was in Cali, I let my little head do too much of the thinking for my big head and I stayed with a chica in Comuna (section) 13, a Strata 1 neighborhood. I'd post a foto of her with clothes and still might get banned by Damon, jajaja but you might agree she was worth the risk.

Anwyho, I've been around the block once or twice, including all seven continents. Inner city Dakar in West Africa would've been my most dangerous place I ever was before I stayed three nights with that girl in her apartment in Comuna 13. Bars on the windows, cars blocking the road, blaring music out of giant speakers all night. trash everywhere. I dared not set foot outside once it was dark. Nothing bad happened except I got pickpocketed on the bus leaving town, real pros.

Long story longer, Cali is cool, but don't get off the beaten path. Stay out of Comunas 13, 15, & 20 which are on the periphery already. I've seen those areas marked on maps with skull and crossbones! Medellin also has it bad sections, but nothing like Cali.

Disclaimer, I bet there are places right here in the good ol US of A that are as equally dangerous. I've felt close to that level of danger in cities like Baltimore, St. Louis, Newark, Philadelphia, and Harlem. Let's just say I wasn't chasing trim and I had enough street smarts to turn around.

"Straight-line acceleration is probably the first aspect of
automotive performance that any intelligent driver gets bored with."
Peter Gregg

"We owe a lot to the dragsters.
They always break something,
figure out a way to beef up the part
and then the benefit trickles
down."
Robo

"Not everything that can be counted counts. Not everything that
counts can be counted."
Einstein

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.