TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Thoughts on Rads
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Thoughts on Rads

Posted by VinZmax on January 09, 2023 at 8:37 AM
  This message has been viewed 131 times.

In Reply To Thoughts on Rads posted by FrozTTy on January 08, 2023 at 08:08 AM

Message I put in a Mishimoto years ago.
Some things;
-first Mishi leaked at the top weld. They replaced it and let me keep the first one they sent, and had me promise to toss it. VERY good customer service.
-Install was pretty good. Not a lot of 'pain' during install :)
-The radiator shroud fits. But, they don't give you any mounting system for the bottom, and it only has holes up top for the bolts. I drilled and tapped into the radiator flange at the bottom and put in 2 bolts. So now it has 2 bolts up top, and 2 at the bottom to hold the shroud.

All in all, I'm very happy with this radiator. I used ConceptZ radiator hold-down (polished SS) brackets at the top to hold it in place.
I will ad that if you're not good at working on your car, then you'd want someone experienced with mechanics to install this radiator. Although they call some of these 'drop in' they don't simply drop in like anything stock.

Again, there was not a lot of pain installing this, but if someone is used to just changing oil and fluids and such, then this may be a bit beyond their mechincal abilities. I'd say it definitely needs someone that knows how to 'massage' aftermarket parts into place.

Vinnie

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.