TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - It’s a valid concern but the benefits outweigh the risks imo
People Seeking Info

Subject It’s a valid concern but the benefits outweigh the risks imo

Posted by Polishzx on December 20, 2022 at 2:31 AM
  This message has been viewed 123 times.

In Reply To To what end? I think I'd be worried about getting hassled posted by Bernie (NoVA) on December 19, 2022 at 04:09 PM

Message In the day time, they look as good as any turn signal sold on a 2023 vehicle. The more I drive at night with them, the more comfortable I am that they aren’t blinding other drivers. In addition to the Z being small with the lights fairly low to the ground, the turn signals are generally not on for prolonged periods of time. They aren’t high-beam bright like it seems in the gifs, they're closer to a stock 9006 headlight bulb, which is not that bright!

In nearly every situation where you’re using your signals (particularly hazards), you want them to be as visible as possible from whoever is meant to see them. I'm still slightly concerned about the rears with a car directly behind at a left-turn light in the dark. I’m planning to test for sure by having someone else drive my Z and being behind it myself. That is the only situation where I'm wondering if it would interest law enforcement if they happened to be behind me.

In regards to being pulled over, if it does happen my plan is to offer to swap the bulbs back on the spot. Since you’re not modifying the harness with a load-resistor, you can re-install the original bulbs in probably under a minute for each corner. I’m keeping the stock 1156 bulbs stowed in my on-board road kit. Still thinking about my story if the side-markers are brought up...

Lastly one point I wanted to bring up are the insane trends in headlight brightness here in the Bay Area. I’m not sure how things are in the rest of the country, but a huge amount of people are just driving with their brights on all the time here. Even driving my SUV, I’m often blinded by people running their brights, or even just low-beam headlights on some new cars. So while these turn signals are super bright, I don’t think they’ll stick out too bad against most other cars on the road these days, at least around where I live.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.