TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Drive by wire conversion kit - Update #2.
People Seeking Info

Subject Drive by wire conversion kit - Update #2.

Posted by Polar_Engineering on December 11, 2022 at 6:46 PM
  This message has been viewed 975 times.

Message Hello,

I wanted to post a quick update about the drive by wire conversion kit that I have been working on this year. There was a good amount of interest when I posted about it previously, but the kit still needed some tweaking to get some features right.

For those of you wondering, this WILL NOT work with a factory Z32 ECU. You will need an upgraded ECU that has DBW function support. The most cost effective solution for that on the market right now is LinkG4, which can be found for under $1000.

Features:

-Direct bolt-on installation on factory or AshSpec intake manifolds for use with stock, RobZ or Z1 throttle bodies.
-Genuine BOSCH motor and main gear
-Dual channel Hall effect TPS
-Shaft and return mechanism are riding on 6 stainless steel bearings.
-The assembly is waterproofed with two shaft seals and Viton o-ring between housing halves
-Housing is machined out of a 6061 billet
-Going with a DBW conversion will let you eliminate your external IACV, retain function of cruise control, gain ability to run traction control and throttle cut safety settings.

Below are some pictures of the kit installed on AshSpec manifold (but it will install on a factory plenum just as well).

Under that are a couple of links to videos that show operation.

This kit will be mounted on my car in the next 2 weeks to finalize ECU tuning and should be available to order early January 2023.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Note: in second picture, assembly is in “igntion off” state and both throttle bodies are cracked open to 10 degrees. That is a factory fail-safe feature (mechanical limp mode) and was a major headache to replicate given the fact that we are not changing ANY springs in factory throttle body return mechanism.

SYSTEM CALIBRATION

OPERATION VIA PEDAL

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.