TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Let me elaborate on this a little more
People Seeking Info

Subject Let me elaborate on this a little more

Posted by AxleZTTic on October 21, 2022 at 5:32 PM
  This message has been viewed 292 times.

In Reply To Dyno drama posted by AxleZTTic on October 20, 2022 at 09:05 PM

Message It's a very hostile situation with a shop that isn't afraid to lie, constantly tries to bully me into paying and accepting it as is. This isn't a case of an innocent shop doing their best and something just happened to not work right on the car, or the dyno.

When the shop told me 343rwhp I said the tune needed fixing before I'd be willing to accept it. They told me I could pay in full or they'll brick my car and I'd have to get it towed. So right now it's a very expensive potato sitting in their lot. Their tuner told me to "stop chasing rainbows" and that my turbos max out at 16psi lol.

It was a month apart, the 450rwhp tune with a boost leak at one shop, to the 343rwhp garbage with this new shop. With very little driving in that month. It's now been at this shop for 2 months with constant back and forth making empty promises then coming up with excuses for not following through on them.

They told me they'd make arrangements with SZ to have them help. Then instead of working with SZ, they do a 180 and tell me I need to pay in full for the tune before they'll let SZ look at it. Then last night the owner messaged me saying if I take the FB posts down they'll send it to SZ this morning. I've been in touch with SZ, they haven't seen anything. Today the owner of this shop kept saying things like "we're working on it we'll send it soon" "my guy is moving some stuff around and then he's on it" etc etc. And then just now he reverts back to "pay in full for the tune before we'll send to SZ". So he flat out lied to me. It's the worst experience I've ever had with a shop.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.