TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: What are you aiming for with the car?
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: What are you aiming for with the car?

Posted by JDM+ on October 17, 2022 at 9:02 PM
  This message has been viewed 216 times.

In Reply To What are you aiming for with the car? posted by BlackholeZ on October 17, 2022 at 10:49 AM

Message Thank you for the reply. Looking to improve overall grip, handling characteristics, and the ability to get sideways reliably when desired. It’s mostly a street car that sees some track days for fun. But I can’t express how much I enjoy a good differential.

One of my previous 240sxs I installed a 2way Tomei unit that I put about 40k miles on over a 8 year span. Loved every minute of it. I’m not 100% sure where people get this perception that a mechanical diff is so aggressive, other than some chirping on tight corners you would never know. granted I would like a 1.5 way this time as it will be on the steer more.

Not to say anyone is wrong or my opinion is correct as I don’t have real world experience. But I don’t understand why a Z32 owner would opt for a ATB Quaife differential. These make sense in a FWD or even AWD car. I would like to drive one aggressively on a track and see how is reacts.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.