TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: your questions
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: your questions

Posted by toyz on October 09, 2022 at 1:33 AM
  This message has been viewed 193 times.

In Reply To Fantastic posted by Mike@ZSpeed on October 08, 2022 at 06:20 PM

Message Bolster repair: they were not worn down to the springs but the surface was off of the leather. They put on a synthetic leather coating, textured it to look like the original leather and then sprayed a protective coating on it. I will keep you apprised of how it holds up but now it looks terrific. "After" pic to follow. I wish I had taken a "before" pic. It was so worn that they looked black and rough.

Classic plates: it is an "antique car" plate, not a vanity plate like I had on my previous Z32. Will also photograph tomorrow. The JSTRITE plate from my previous Z32 is now on my SL63.

Injector cleaning: it is described as throttle body cleaning (throttle body service kit), engine decarb kit, fuel injector service pack, and fuel rail cleaning service. The total cost was $399.95 ($217.94 labor and $182.01 parts). Not sure what all was done but it runs great. You would never know that it had sat for four years and was driven to the shop on "old" gas.

Also, I was a bit concerned with the additional power (350 to the rear wheels) as my previous Z32 could spin the TOYO T1R's too easily and it had 50 less horsepower at the rear (354 at the crank). The
TOYO PROXES R888's appear to have a lot more grip considering they are also the OEM sizes on stock wheels.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.