TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - It would be nice to know who actually manufactures the
People Seeking Info

Subject It would be nice to know who actually manufactures the

Posted by ZXoltan on September 08, 2022 at 4:45 PM
  This message has been viewed 232 times.

In Reply To Looking for a SZ Max Street clutch replacement option. posted by jmw300zx on September 07, 2022 at 10:17 PM

Message assemblies and what the true differences and similarities are in how they are made.

Each of the vendors seem to have their "own" clutch, but they do not have factories to manufacture them. More than likely there are two or three actual places making all of them, and the engineering is either the same or similar.

I have also been very annoyed with a vendor telling me that the clutch I bought from him/her (not to be sexist) that was the cat's meow two years ago is now the dawg of the day and its going to cause a world of grief if I install it. Kindof hurts when its still sitting brand new on your shelf and you spent a buttload of cash on it a few years ago. It's not like clutch materials engineering has advanced at the speed of light (or even sound).

Without some type of standardization, all the specs and claims get very confusing and it makes you wonder how they actually measured the change in pedal pressure ("left leg meter"?) I'm sure there are multiple reasons for this, but it sure makes getting a simple part like a clutch assembly a complicated process.

OK, I'm stepping off my soapbox now. Thanks for letting me vent.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.