TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I was in exactly your boat in April of this year
People Seeking Info

Subject I was in exactly your boat in April of this year

Posted by megaDan on September 02, 2022 at 11:12 AM
  This message has been viewed 269 times.

In Reply To turbo upgrade time . suggestions? posted by devsdead Z32 on September 01, 2022 at 06:35 PM

Message Sport 500's had finally let go after 10+ years of abuse. I was hoping to maintain current horsepower 400-500 (93vsE85) and streetability but I had more questions than answers: Do I replace the CHRA? Find another 4 bolt option? 5 bolt didn't seem to be in the cards due to exhaust and tuning update concerns.

I ended up going with the CZP G5 (525) kit and couldn't be happier (although I kind of wish I had gone with the 550 kit for when E85 eventually fades away). Some minor clocking was required to get the turbos to fit, and I had to trim the turbo drain hoses; but install was straightforward and easy. I placed the order and had the turbos within 7 days, and had the car back on the road 3 weeks after that. No surprises, and the kit came with everything I needed. Highly recommend this setup for your power goals. Move away from 4-bolt now. Anything you purchase now you'll struggle to find parts or replacements for if you plan on keeping the car long term.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.