TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Looking at your mods:
People Seeking Info

Subject Looking at your mods:

Posted by Drk93TT on September 02, 2022 at 5:47 AM
  This message has been viewed 210 times.

In Reply To turbo upgrade time . suggestions? posted by devsdead Z32 on September 01, 2022 at 06:35 PM

Message I was in a similar boat on my current TT.

I went back and forth with all the options trying to save a grand or two here or there....

Ultimately talked to Seb at SZ and he talked me into the JWT Sport 700 kit again (with 5 bolt SZ downpipes). My goal (at the time) was 500whp no more as it was (at the time) too much over that number! Now its a 620whp car on E85 (e70 and @22psi boost) and ~490whp on 93 octane. (the TT car I got my ECU switcher kit was tuned by SZ on their in person dyno year or so ago with e70 and 91 octane maps.)

The sport 700's and the sport 530's when combined with 2.5 IC piping and bigger 2.5 intercoolers / dual intake.... spool up the exact same there is surprisingly ZERO lag difference between the two with breather mods. Thats what made me go sport 700.

I would recommend going sport 700 that way if you decided to go kinda crazy and run e85 you can with higher number results.. (which you'd need to upgrade the fuel pump and wiring, delete the FPCU, install an external Fuel pressure regulator) etc in the future you have room for a little more power vs the 525.. 550 etc.

If you wanted to go even crazier you could do the new GTX turbos.. which of course are more dough. I opted for the OG sport 700s again instead and am happy with em. It sounds like you should go with the 530bb or the sport 700s... like I said above.. same spoolup with 2.5 piping hence why 700s are preferred.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.