TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Lucky beats stupid, yet again
People Seeking Info

Subject Lucky beats stupid, yet again

Posted by robo (sebring1970) on August 20, 2022 at 8:32 PM
  This message has been viewed 222 times.

In Reply To Battery tenders, joke's on me, jajajajaja and some NZR stuff posted by robo (sebring1970) on August 10, 2022 at 10:56 AM

Message Needed new battery for one I fried in my z31 T with battery tender hooked up wrong for months, jeje

Saw promo in my Email today from Auto Zone for 15% off, ordered new battery on-line, but didn't get the 15% discount

Pull battery (definitely more work than hooking up a tender) for core charge refund

Head over to Auto Zone which happens to be the closest auto parts store to my house

Dude behind the counter very helpful. Says the DieHard Red they sold me on line is a piece of crap, for "project cars at best, stay away from the red," but he doesn't have another battery for me that will fit

I go to the Advanced Auto store 200 meters further down the road. First thing I notice when I walk in is their "Duralast" batteries are the same as the "Gold" one I just pulled from my Z. Hmmmm, where DID I buy that battery? Here?

I ask her to check my warranty which she does by my phone number.

She tests my old battery, confirmed bad. She goes and gets me an identical Duralast Gold, their best.

She asks me to sign the screen on the keypad. No charge. Battery is free. Two months shy of being out of full warranty. She tells me I will continue to have a pro-rated warranty for the next three years.

Bring battery home, tests 60% charged as shown in foto. Painted the tie down with some Rustoleum I had on hand. Will install battery tomorrow after it is fully charged.

"Straight-line acceleration is probably the first aspect of
automotive performance that any intelligent driver gets bored with."
Peter Gregg

"We owe a lot to the dragsters.
They always break something,
figure out a way to beef up the part
and then the benefit trickles
down."
Robo

"Not everything that can be counted counts. Not everything that
counts can be counted."
Einstein

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.