TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I don't think powder really can be "mixed" like paint can
People Seeking Info

Subject I don't think powder really can be "mixed" like paint can

Posted by black300zx on January 16, 2022 at 7:38 AM
  This message has been viewed 196 times.

In Reply To Color options when powder coating/painting wheels posted by beanz on January 15, 2022 at 07:16 PM

Message If there are two shades of opaque silver and you want something in between them, you can't just mix the two together and get a completely uniform in-between color. You could physically mix them together, but you'd probably end up with splotchy color. That being said, there are hundreds of different power options available, so I find it hard to believe you wouldn't be able to find what you want. If the shop you're looking at can't get the color silver you want, I'm sure someone else can.

There are translucent powers that allows you to alter the final color by changing the base color, but I'm guessing that isn't your situation if you're looking into a restoration.

I have heard of some shops being hesitant to PC some aluminum wheels, bit I think that is primarily higher end wheels that may be heat treated.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.