TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Sensor placement questions for going to standalone
People Seeking Info

Subject Sensor placement questions for going to standalone

Posted by Woodnutz (PA) on December 29, 2021 at 12:26 PM
  This message has been viewed 418 times.

Message I've officially started down the path toward E85, and as I've sorted through the ECU debate internally (Haltech Elite 2000), I'm now trying to get some of the physical layout planned out - at least mentally. A couple of questions:

- For those who have ditched the MAF (assuming you're on dual intake), what does your intake setup look like? Dummy MAFs? Leftover MAFs? Something else, like an adapter piece, to attach the filters to the intake elbows?

- IAT sensor placement. I'm reading that closer to combustion is better, with just upstream of the TBs to be ideal, due to potential heat soak impact in the plenum. I've also heard of people using the EGR tube port for the sensor, though (for those who have deleted EGR). What have you guys done? Pictures?

These are the two items on my mind at the moment. I'm sure there will be more, but I'd appreciate any feedback you've got... and anything else you can add. Thanks!

- Aaron

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.