TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I went with a Powertrix replica - link to final product--->
People Seeking Info

Subject I went with a Powertrix replica - link to final product--->

Posted by Woodnutz (PA) on November 23, 2021 at 1:53 PM
  This message has been viewed 359 times.

In Reply To How about the powertrix? Priced right in the middle posted by Lumpydonut on November 23, 2021 at 11:18 AM

Message Spoiler Installed Fall 2020

As all have said, test fit before you do anything concerning paint. I needed to sand a bit inside the 3rd brake recess, as the width was a little narrow. Keep in mind, you'll have to figure a way to support the light, too. The guys that did mine bolted it in, then installed... so, if I ever remove the 3rd brake light, I'll have loose nuts in the spoiler and I'll have to glue the light in with silicone or something less manly than Sikaflex.

Aside from the snug 3BL recess, the fit was pretty good. I mean, whomever does it is going to curse you anyway since all these OEM replicas are fiberglass. I'm happy with the end result and am super glad I finally got around do getting it done. Felt like I got a brand new car.

Get referrals from those who have had work done before you commit to a specific shop - that's what's really going to make/break it for you. Place I went to came recommended by a buddy who has two MKIV Supras that this shop did work on, so I felt pretty comfortable.

- Aaron

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.