TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I have been using Harbor Freight’s Newark model
People Seeking Info

Subject I have been using Harbor Freight’s Newark model

Posted by robo (sebring1970) on October 20, 2021 at 8:54 AM
  This message has been viewed 197 times.

In Reply To LOL - I have 4 in my shed at home and 3 at posted by Unluky (MO) on October 20, 2021 at 08:13 AM

Message W2985 “float charger” for more years than I can tell you. They retail for around 12 bucks each but they regularly go on sale for half that price and I’ve never had one give me a problem never had one fail never had one miss a beat never had a car fail to start or a battery not hold a charge. I’ve been using battery tenders for 40 years on motorcycles boats cars and trucks. I have only experienced problems, albeit not frequent, when I do not use them.

I also believe although I cannot prove that any passive or parasitic circuit that is on the battery tender stays in better shape, read as lack of corrosion, when you use a battery tender. That is strictly personal observation and opinion but a benefit I rarely see mentioned.

Let’s face it, when it comes to battery tenders there are two kinds of people in the world, the enlightened and the unenlightened, jajajaja. I could consider the possibility that the benefit is more placebo.

But battery tenders pass the first and foremost important rule for mechanicals, which is there is no evidence that they do any harm and the benefit seems real, so for me it’s a no brainer. I would not dream of leaving the country and let my vehicles sit for extended period of time without being hooked up to battery tenders.

I feel I have flogged this dead horse into dogmeat, which for me is a good feeling.

"Straight-line acceleration is probably the first aspect of
automotive performance that any intelligent driver gets bored with."
Peter Gregg

"We owe a lot to the dragsters.
They always break something,
figure out a way to beef up the part
and then the benefit trickles
down."
Robo

"Not everything that can be counted counts. Not everything that
counts can be counted."
Einstein

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.