TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Not a wrap guy…
People Seeking Info

Subject Not a wrap guy…

Posted by Mike@ZSpeed on September 19, 2021 at 8:46 PM
  This message has been viewed 325 times.

In Reply To Re: Looks great. Better than I'd expect for a wrap. A few q's... posted by itsa300zx on September 19, 2021 at 03:30 PM

Message …. but that looks amazing!
Wraps always look good until you get up close. Not that this doesn’t look good up close.
Would you mind taking pictures ( close ups ) of the areas that are not perfect?

I admit I had my mustache wrapped. It was faded fairly bad in areas and had some blemishes from previous owner waxing it.
I thought about a trim “ restorer “ but decided for the $125 to try the wrap. If it didn’t look good I could peel off and “restore” myself. And I’d only be out $125. I admit it turned out pretty good. I would say to about 99% of the general public would be clueless it was a wrap. To about 99% of all of us we would know it was a wrap. I tried to stick as close to the OE color as possible, but it is a little darker.

After that I decided to wrap the strip above the rear window black. Turned out real well.

Then I noticed tons of scratches on t bar panel so I had that wrapped black.
*** I did have some good results with a polish and my DA but figured for the 5 min job and $40 to just have it wrapped. Looks great just not as glossy as it was after the DA.

All in all I think mine turned out great. And when I wash the car or walk to the car I don’t even remember these areas are wrapped because they looks so good.

*** This reply is useless without pics. So I guess I’ll have to post some pics next time I get the car out.

** winter is approaching here in MN. So maybe get 2 more tanks of gas out of the girl before her hibernation .

`
1990 NA
1993 TT

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.