TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - itsa300zx short shifter review
People Seeking Info

Subject itsa300zx short shifter review

Posted by Z Force1 on September 18, 2021 at 4:29 PM
  This message has been viewed 272 times.

Message Some of you may remember i made a thread a little while ago enquiring about the short shifters currently on the market, i ended up ordering a Mazworx short shifter & one from a TT.net member - Itsa300zx - it uses a OEM shifter that's been modified to take a roller bearing. My order arrived quickly within a few days (thank you peter!) but the mazworx was still on back order after ETA after 8 weeks, so i got a refund instead.

I'm here to report back to you all that im very pleased with my decision. I personally like it because it keeps the reliability of the OEM shifter combined with improved functionality. It came ready to install and was packaged well, a cable tie through the bearing to keep it all together and front/rear labelling to make the install that little bit easier were the finishing touches. I had considered a Z1 short shifter as they also have a roller bearing design - but from what iv'e heard they don't stand the test of time, not to mention they are far more pricey! I packed in some molykote BR2+ grease into the roller bearing, leaving me feeling confident it's going to last for a very long time before i need to check it. The shifts are smoothe and precise, just as i had hoped for. If your in the market for a short shifter, you can't go wrong with this one.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.