TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: They have a nice looking product but very poor thought out
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: They have a nice looking product but very poor thought out

Posted by Polar_Engineering on March 31, 2021 at 2:10 PM
  This message has been viewed 290 times.

In Reply To They have a nice looking product but very poor thought out posted by itsa300zx on March 30, 2021 at 10:49 PM

Message Thank you for your feedback.

A appreciate that you recognize the aesthetics of my kit, but please rest assured that it's one of the last things I think about when designing parts.

It is important to mentioned that this kit was created primarily for guys with aftermarket manifolds in the beginning. As a ton of people with stock plenum reached out to me asking for a version that would work with OEM unit, I was happy to release that was well. I currently offer this kit in 3 different configurations.

Furthermore, this kit is designed for people whose necessity of a solid spark all the way to redline at 800+hp power levels outweights the fact that you need to lift the plenum about 5 inches to install. The description on my site says exactly that. I have a ton of people reaching out to me almost on daily basis asking about this kit and my first question is "what are your power goals"? If they are under 600hp, I urge them to stay with a well serviced factory coil setup. That kit is just not for them. For those who want to hit high numbers, I recommend my kit and make them aware of plenum situation. It was NEVER a bit issue for anyone. But again, these a number of people who contacted me directly and specifically requested a drop in R35 coil solution. I have already developed that kit, and those people will be the first ones to take delivery this coming summer.

I am a bit puzzled that you think that this kit is poorly thought out. I think it is necessary to weigh out pros and cons of every modification prior to installing it.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.