TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I've been thinking about the reverse rotation
People Seeking Info

Subject I've been thinking about the reverse rotation

Posted by BlackholeZ on March 18, 2021 at 4:33 PM
  This message has been viewed 263 times.

In Reply To V-band manifolds and Garrett G-Series turbos - posted by LitlElvis on March 18, 2021 at 12:44 PM

Message and how it could remove the extra 90° bend that's required on one side.

Really that'd be the driver for me, I don't really care about perfect symmetry if it costs a lot more and doesn't really gain anything.

I've also thought about exploring a general reroute of the plumbing, but combined with no AC and relocated PS pump (or MR2 e-pump) to improve the compressor inlet path.

Yeah a larger wastegate would theoretically control better but really it's down to the amount of expected flow and whether the larger gate would have any measurable control improvement over the 38mm. I'd imagine the smaller gate would be easier to fit.

Either way I'm looking forward to see whatever you come up with!

-Dan

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse."
"'she' also likes to swap since I think I am going to need to give her to woody again." - Dvlhntr
"full alphabetic boost mode" -
ChristopherTheOne

" Purrs like a sexually satisfied black panther." - BigTDogg
"Two oil eating, angry, spinning triangles of death." - turtleboy on rotary engines

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.