TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Re: I would reccomend
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Re: I would reccomend

Posted by Mike@ZSpeed on March 16, 2021 at 5:26 AM
  This message has been viewed 128 times.

In Reply To Re: I would reccomend posted by Denis on March 13, 2021 at 06:12 PM

Message This summer I shipped from TX to MN.

My insurance ( Haggerty ) rec. Reliable Carriers. We also got a discount with them from Haggerty.

But they were $2,700. And it was a 3 week window of delivery time.
No way.

I ended up paying 1,100 door to door enclosed trailer with 1 other car and 3 day delivery.

when you go to these sites to get an est. You don't actually get the service from them. These companies are just middle men and contract out. So if you need a transport they look in their data base as to whose available when and how much. That's how they determine $.

I called the same company4 x 1 day. Used a different name. Same shipping addresses and same car. Spoke with different "Dispatch operators" and got 4 different quotes within $600 of each other. All in same day.

If you have collector car insurance I would just up the policy value of the car during the transport. Then when you get it change the policy.

I was looking @ a Miata. With Haggerty I would only pay $9 a year for full coverage $10,000 vaue. Thats $.75 a month!! So for transport I might just increase value to $30,000 then when it arrives bring it back down.

`
1990 NA
1993 TT

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.