TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Are you using a USB or bluetooth adaptor??
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Are you using a USB or bluetooth adaptor??

Posted by zromtech on March 04, 2021 at 4:55 PM
  This message has been viewed 117 times.

In Reply To Are you using a USB or bluetooth adaptor?? posted by black300zx on March 03, 2021 at 05:22 PM

Message There are a few versions of the BT adapter out there, the manufacturer added the "white wire mod" a couple years ago, however, some of the newer revisions still have issues with the PCBs.

I've tested lots of these adapters with my own software and found some have problems in colder temperatures (for testing I put them in the freezer for 20 minutes, but this will happen <~20C), they will connect but consistently lose the bluetooth connection after a few minutes. The android device still thinks it has a valid connection, but the BT won't communicate and the adapter needs to be power-cycled to reset it. Once warmed up it will connect and work flawlessly for hours. This doesn't happen on all of the adapters I have, but is 100% repeatable on some of them. Strange!

Thankfully, there is a new version of the BT adapter available (released in November 2020) that has addressed these issues. I spoke with the manufacturer in Taiwan a while back, and they said the problems with the older versions originated from the Chinese PCB assembly shop they'd used. At the time they seemed (understandably) frustrated and weren't going to produce any more adapters. Glad they stuck at it, wireless diagnostics are great!

- Sam

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.