TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - A/C clutch source found
People Seeking Info

Subject A/C clutch source found

Posted by shaggee on March 04, 2021 at 12:35 PM
  This message has been viewed 294 times.

Message Late last year my a/c system started acting up by blowing the compressor fuse in the relay box. I guess the aged clutch was drawing down too many amps.
A quick search revealed the complete compressor or clutch are NLA from nissan and I have little faith in repainted rebuilds plus my system is still pumping R12 so I didn't want to open it.
Since I wouldn't need a functioning a/c for a couple months I took the patience approach and kept the search active. ZXoltan sent a spare that he had but it ultimately did not fit although I needed the removal tool that he included as a loaner. Thanks Brandon.
Then last month an ebay seller, jensenauto, appeared with rebuilt clutch units for $100. His posts show the rewinding equipment so I bit with nothing much to loose. The unit arrived painted with face and pulley included. I chose to reuse my unpainted face/pulley after some light resurfacing. My a/c is functioning again without any problems or electrical issues and I never had to fool around with refrigerant.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.