TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I installed a set of 7-segment displays which are driven by
People Seeking Info

Subject I installed a set of 7-segment displays which are driven by

Posted by black300zx on December 15, 2020 at 4:48 PM
  This message has been viewed 301 times.

In Reply To Clock/Ethanol content gauge replacement posted by Captconan on December 15, 2020 at 02:37 PM

Message an arduino uno. I have my uno reading the factor CTS and PWM'ing my electric fan based on coolant temp. I also have an AEM 3-wire oil pressure sending unit feeding into it, along with a thermistor behind my bumper to read air temp into my intake/radiator.

The clock's hour/minute button feeds back into the digital input of the arduino to allow me to switch which reading displays (Coolant temp, oil pressure, fan duty cycle, or ambient air temp).

Here's an early video of my bench-testing it with just temperature and pressure inputs. La-Z-Link

It's a very roundabout solution, and far from elegant, but if your Haltech has configurable outputs, you might be able to feed that into an Arduino and use the Arduino to drive the display. Or maybe you can intercept the content sensor signal without disturbing the input to the Haltech. I'd be surprised if there was any less custom solution available to get the Ethanol content to display on a hacked clock. My project above was a fun winter project.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.