TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: JDM corner lights
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: JDM corner lights

Posted by Mike@ZSpeed on November 17, 2020 at 3:03 PM
  This message has been viewed 626 times.

In Reply To JDM corner lights posted by Zeke21 on November 17, 2020 at 01:50 PM

Message Yes I am aware of that.

What I'm saying is these (exact swap from car 1 to car 2) turn signals came off ZSPEED1.
Yes there is only the turn signal bulb socket.
When these are installed on ZSPEED1 that 1 single orange blinker bulb is illuminated whenever the parking lights are on and also the headlights. It is a constant orange when on and blinks when triggered.
Exact same as it is with the USA spec turn signals.
In the USA spec turn signals the blinker bulb is also illuminated whenever the parking lights or turn signals are on.

On ZSPEED2 This bulb never turns on. When headlights are on its not illuminated. So when I turn on the headlights on the only bulbs illuminated are the 9006 headlight bulbs. Nothing else .
*Unless I turn on the fogs. Yes those illuminate.
* And yes all other lights work in the read and interior as they are supposed to.

The bulb will only come on when triggered to make a turn.

I did notice however when I had the shop install the oversized IC's I think they had to modify the connection on ZSPEED2 to make the turn signals fit.
It looks like that turn signal connection had the little bulb removed from the socket. So the turn signal harness only had the 1 bulb on it?
I'm guessing he removed that extra bulb and wiring from the turn signal harness connection.
And that is whats causing this.

Because ZSPEED1's turn signal connection harness has the 2 bulbs. The little bulb and the bigger turn signal bulb.

When I get a chance I'm gonna try and post some pictures. Might be a couple days.
It will all make sense with pictures.

I also want to disconnect the turn signal harness/connection off ZSPEED1 and connect to the connection for the turn signal on ZSPEED2.

*** Can anyone post a pic of their Z with the JDM clear corners (pre 97' signals ) with headlights on and with parking lights on.

`
1990 NA
1993 TT

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.