TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - JDM corner lights
People Seeking Info

Subject JDM corner lights

Posted by Zeke21 on November 17, 2020 at 1:50 PM
  This message has been viewed 697 times.

In Reply To Re: Re: Re: JDM clear turn signals: supposed to be on when lights on posted by Mike@ZSpeed on November 16, 2020 at 08:43 PM

Message doesn't matter which style you have (ie 89-91, 92-94, 95-98 or 99-00) do not have a parking light in them. The 89-91 were turn signal bulbs only. 92-94 and 95-98 styles had the turn signal plus a cornering light that only came on when the headlights were on and also only turned on - on the side the turn signal was flashing.

JDM cars had parking lights incorporated into the fog light housing via a second bulb. NOTE: JDM fogs also don't have the glare guard so they are brighter than USDM fogs.

I have the 95-98 style on my USDM Z and made a wiring change and turn signal stock change in order to get the cornering light to work correctly. I much prefer this over using the cornering bulb as a parking light - which is what happens when you use the 92-98 style corner lights in a USDM car without the wiring change. It is just too bright otherwise and I find the cornering light useful.

A little more info on my blog if you're interested.
JDM Corner Light Differences

Cornering light mod

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.