TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Stanky can Concur, corn is the shit
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Stanky can Concur, corn is the shit

Posted by RBS145 on October 07, 2020 at 8:50 AM
  This message has been viewed 163 times.

In Reply To Stanky can Concur, corn is the shit posted by Stanky (BC) on October 06, 2020 at 08:12 PM

Message Thanks for the welcomes and Kent I'll quit lurcking around. I do like the VG still, but I don't like working on it that's for sure! E85 definitely sounds like the way to go for some safer power. If I were to go with the VG route, would it be a waste of money to run CP pistons and Carillo rods for moderate power? Somewhere in the 450-550whp range. Not really looking for a 700hp monster on the street, but it would be fun to have a spare tune to run that from time to time.

I did confirm with Greg at SZ that the current motor has Rod Knock, he figured it was caused by fuel as well. Might have been some pump gas still in the tank that mixed in. Even though I jumped the lead and pumped till it was dry.

I also looked at IPP for a rebuilt long block and it seemed like a decent deal for someone who has only rebuilt single cylinder motorcycle engines. Is a rebuild something I might be able to take on myself? Looks like there are lots on "instructions" which I could follow.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.