TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - There are a few in the market right now that I like
People Seeking Info

Subject There are a few in the market right now that I like

Posted by kikoeta on October 02, 2020 at 11:19 AM
  This message has been viewed 173 times.

In Reply To I'd recommend waiting- set the 1k aside and keep stashing mo posted by BoneZ (MD) on October 01, 2020 at 08:51 PM

Message It's hard to find one that suits me, though I guess that comes with time. My father is, unfortunately, one of the limiting factors, as unless I get myself a rental (not old enough legally I think), I can't go get it myself. I would have to have him or a friend tag along, and with no good cars here in my home state of Georgia, I'm looking at Kentucky, Texas, and Florida for a (2) day trip.

One I saw in Texas needs a 120k service and some bodywork for $7,000, but it's remotely stock. There was a RHD TT auto in Oklahoma that I liked a lot (despite it being yellow), but that was stretching the budget. I'd consider financing what I can't put down immediately from an RHD importer ($2-5k), but then I'd have debt at a young age and I don't want to get into that.

I've budgeted some more time and money to be able to work on it, and I'm offering $2,000 below what he's asking due to some discontinuities I've found. With that offer, I'll have around $4,000 right off the bat to spend on it without getting myself into too much trouble.

The overall budget is $9-10k (10k is a stretch though) for the actual purchase itself, I like to keep at least $1-3k in reserve for emergencies and other maintenance items that come up, as well as personal expenses and the like (what few of them there are). Unfortunately, that's kinda the bargain bin of nicer running Z's that I've found anyways. Always open to things that need work, and this is just the best one that I've found.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.