TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Never heard of that term, "rolling restoration"
People Seeking Info

Subject Never heard of that term, "rolling restoration"

Posted by kikoeta on October 02, 2020 at 11:10 AM
  This message has been viewed 147 times.

In Reply To Rolling restoration vs. long term project? posted by Gordo LSZ Daytona on September 30, 2020 at 08:05 AM

Message I suppose that's what my current Z has been for me, though I do digress that it's spent a lot of its life up on jack stands while I was in high school without time or money to work on it. Things are different now, I'm making better money, and I'll be making even better money after mid-November, without sacrificing much of my time.

I will be able to offer a lot less than he's asking due to some issues I found in continuity of his stories, see my reply to Ghoztt. With that and some other things I will have sold by the time my car is gone, I will have around $4,000 to work with, then extra cash after I sell the turbos (rebuilt, of course) that are currently on the car.

I do understand your worry about money and it just spending its life on stands. It's a similar sentiment that my mother carries towards it, having had my car in the garage for so long while I was in high school. I'll be able to make it up to her by actually organizing the rat's nest that our garage is to make space for the car. I've got myself a full set of tools and a double wide garage to make use of, I could use better lighting honestly, but that's just a nitpick. I've dropped the trans with 4 inches of clearance for my face, pulling something UP and out will be much nicer than down and back.

Your money wisdom is much appreciated. I think I am in a good place, to where he's been answering all my questions almost 24/7. I'm pretty sure that I'm the only one interested in the car right now, and I think that after talking with him about what it will cost to fix it, he'll realize that it's not worth what he's asking. I do want to drive it now, and I think my ability to do a rolling restoration (with the only time not rolling being when I pull the turbos) will be backed by the extra money and extra time I'll have in a month or so. I have leverage over him, and I'm not afraid to offer 6,000 and walk, because deep down he knows that's what it is worth.

Thank you for your words, I'll hold onto that saying for a while.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.