TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Good advice
People Seeking Info

Subject Good advice

Posted by kikoeta on October 02, 2020 at 10:41 AM
  This message has been viewed 151 times.

In Reply To In my opinion, your budget doesn't fit the list of posted by Ghoztt (MD) on September 30, 2020 at 09:20 AM

Message I've done a lot more assembling of budget things for myself and looked at what I can afford both monetarily and time-wise.

I am banking on the best-case scenario, but combined with a few new pieces of information that I've snooped around the internet to find (namely a CEL that he says is on due to the standalone, but video evidence from 2013 confirms that's not true), I'm offering him much below what he wants for it. That way, even if the engine turns out to be awful, I still have the cash to fund its restoration. The current plan is to just purchase Z1's GT535R kit and rebuild the old turbos to sell (I think they are JWT Sport 500's based on what the Stillen rep told me, they sold power packs like Z1 does now, just back in the day).

I have found a few other ones in alright condition, one that needs a 120k service with a bit of body damage and an RHD auto that I actually like, despite being a manual purist. I'll update this thread with what I find out and what ends up happening with the car, as I'm sure it'll make a good story if I decide to get it.

I've dealt with my share of badly cared for Z's, so what's one more to add to the collection :)

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.