TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Rolling restoration vs. long term project?
People Seeking Info

Subject Rolling restoration vs. long term project?

Posted by Gordo LSZ Daytona on September 30, 2020 at 8:05 AM
  This message has been viewed 210 times.

In Reply To Re: First off is this your daily driver or a project car? posted by kikoeta on September 29, 2020 at 08:27 PM

Message Aside from the price to buy / cost to fix factor...

If it were me, I would only get this car if I were certain I could do a rolling restoration and keep it on the road. If you think for a moment that it might be sitting up on jack stands disassembled in your garage waiting for parts, or more likely waiting for the money to buy parts, for an extended period of time... that end any consideration of this deal.

A preliminary repair budget of $!000 is not going to stretch very far on the car as you describe it... just the incidentals of pulling the motor to repair / replace turbos will be $300 to $500 for the "while you're in there items'. My fear is you'll run out of money, before the car runs out of things needed to get it running the way you want it to.

If you already had a garage full of fun cars and wanted this as a challenge, sure then go for it; but I'm thinking you'll want to be driving it now, not in a year.. or two. As noted, it may come down to price... but as also noted: Don't play the seller's game... you are the one with the cash.

And remember this: "There is never a deal so great, that there's not better one waiting right behind it."

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.