|Where to go next for mods?
Where do I go from here? What do I do next?
I recently just purchased my 93 TT Z with 62k miles. Minty minty.
In approx. 5 years I plan to send the Z back down to Houston to have the “next level” of mods/power done. I primarily want to have the engine disassembled / reassembled with as many “new” parts ( gaskets, seals, rods… everything that can be replaced that is currently 27 years old * 32 years old then ) This includes turbos. I’ll cross the turbo decision later.
* Braking and suspension are another topic.
I’m still learning about the TT lifestyle but from what I can see from posts in the searches this is what many would probably suggest:
1: “Breather mods” : larger IC with 2.5” IC piping. MSP manifolds.
5. 3” HFC / 3” test pipes and 3"exhaust?
But what about the engine? What are some basic mods or upgraded parts I can do to the engine since out. WITHOUT going crazy overboard.
This is a summer car in MN. Stored Nov.-April. Maybe 2,000+ miles a year. No ¼ miles, no auto – X. Just a fun car to drive to work and enjoy on weekends. Must be easy and reliable to drive in the city.
Here’s where I’m at:
* Mishimoto radiator *18” Enkei F and R w/ Michelin piltots
* 19 row Z1 oil cooler kit w/ thermostatic plate * Eibach coilover conversion w. koni yellow
* I/C * 300 degree kit
* dual intake w/ Selin dual MAF * SS brake lines
* 3” DP’s * cross drilled slotted rotors.
* 3” ? 2.5” high flow cats
* 2.5” exhaust
* JWT heavy duty clutch SS clutch lines
* flex fuel conversion ( can run E85 and pump gas )
* 750 AUS injectors
* Nistune ( I think ) ECU?
* Flex fuel conversion. Can run on octane pump gas and E85
* Blitz power meter and SBD ic – III
I just want to focus on the power mods in this post. I can/will address better braking and handling in future posts.
Budget: 1) parts = $8-$11,000 as a ball park. Can be higher for the right set-up
2) Labor = no idea. Just to throw out a number $10,000
Goals: RELIABLE, EASY TO DRIVE, No domestic dragster car idle. No death trap unless the boost is cranked up..