TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - LOL, Did you say you've "heard good things from FB groups"?
People Seeking Info

Subject LOL, Did you say you've "heard good things from FB groups"?

Posted by Ghoztt (MD) on September 21, 2020 at 1:33 PM
  This message has been viewed 237 times.

In Reply To Since there are hoarders among us I've heard great things posted by nissubaru on September 21, 2020 at 10:31 AM

Message Most FB groups are filled with children that don't know their elbow from their asshole, much less anything about a 30 year old car with 100k+ miles on it. The amount of eye rolling I've had while reading a 3rd of the posts in nearly ANY of the Z32 groups, has led me to believe none of them have ever visited TT.Net where their questions are almost always answered 100 times over, not that they would know what to do with said information. IMO the facebook groups are the like of a retarded red-headed step child, one that is difficult to take seriously on a good day, unless you're trying to find out if your 19x11 +5 wheels require only the normal amount of fender pull, wide body or just need to run a 195 instead of a 225. I would never go there for reliable "in-the-know" information that has already been discussed here in detail, nor would I recommend it to anyone else. There are only a slim handful of people I would trust to have any real experience on the Z32 in those groups, and most of those are reachable by phone/email on their shop's website, and all of them are on here. The people who have been there and seen that sh*t a hundred times over, rarely or never respond on FB, because there will be a load of people swinging in on whatever nuts they hang from to give their "inexperienced yet they heard about it through a friend" advice, messing that person's car/experience up even more than before. I could go on and on about the amount of misleading info found on FB groups, but frankly it's not worth any more time than this sillyass post.
*/Rantoff

Oh and AVS/AMS manifolds have piss-poor quality and will likely require "refinement" in either flashing removal, head-side face resurfacing, or stud holes "modified" to fit correctly. You get what you pay for.

1993 Nissan 300ZX Slicktop (Oxford Gray Metallic)
1992 Nissan Skyline GT-R (Gunmetal Gray)
- Long Live the Z and Godzirra! -
"Love cars. Love people. Love life." - Mr. K.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.