TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I don't give much credit to any video someone posts...
People Seeking Info

Subject I don't give much credit to any video someone posts...

Posted by LitlElvis on September 10, 2020 at 12:32 PM
  This message has been viewed 152 times.

In Reply To DOE studies have shown that the gasoline in your ethanol posted by not4resaleZ on September 09, 2020 at 09:15 PM

Message ...of them looking for rust in their gas tank and then (surprise!) not finding any as proof that alcohol's hygroscopicity is nothing to worry about. To push this belief is to promote ignorance.

The issue with ID2000 injectors and E85 is due to the injectors being originally intended for use with propane and so these injectors have some internal parts that can corrode if exposed to water-saturated alcohol. I stopped selling ID2000s years ago because it wasn't worth the headaches of explaining the potential issue to customers and I left my E85 webpage up for educational purposes.

Ford, GM, and the rest of the OEMs used injectors that are designed for use with flex-fuel and have stainless steel internals. In addition, they all have taken the time to specify the supporting hardware and materials to contend with the possibility of someone dumping crap E85 into their tank or leaving the cap off for days/weeks/months. ID injectors (with the exception of the ID2000) all have stainless internals to prevent corrosion, so I think they figured it out too.

For the record, I have no problem with E85, what I have a problem with is when someone denies the known issues simply because they haven't experienced any of the issues. The more people know, the more people can succeed.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.