TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Far as I know the Redline is good oil. I tried their MT90 >
People Seeking Info

Subject Far as I know the Redline is good oil. I tried their MT90 >

Posted by ZUL8TR on September 06, 2020 at 12:12 PM
  This message has been viewed 167 times.

In Reply To My question is what is bad about redline oils then. posted by Boostjuice on September 05, 2020 at 04:18 PM

Message and it started to shift previously not a good, maybe just my tranny?. Even tried Amsoil GL4 and that was also not that great. So many years ago I tried Royal Purple 75w 90 gear oil. It has proved the best with shifting and I have had no noise issues. The bottle does list GL4 and GL5 service so I was concerned about the multi rating, but also states for manual tranny with GL4 and indicates non corrosive to green type soft metals of synchronizers. But befor starting with this oil I called RP tech dept and they also indicated that it is ok for GL4 applications. So been using it for a lot of years.

In past years I did a corrosion test with thin brass strips dipped in samples of 4 different GL oils: Mobil 1 75w 90, Amsoil 75w 90, Redline MTL and RP 75w 90.

After a month all except RP showed signs of effecting the brass strips.

So just my experience with my Z tranny with the GL oils and certainly not conclusive.

ZUL8TR

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.