TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - My question is what is bad about redline oils then.
People Seeking Info

Subject My question is what is bad about redline oils then.

Posted by Boostjuice on September 05, 2020 at 4:18 PM
  This message has been viewed 252 times.

In Reply To An example of the wrong fluid. Nissan specifies a GL4 >>> posted by ZUL8TR on September 05, 2020 at 04:00 PM

Message Both are a GL4 rated, Nissan gear oil is 75/85 and the mt85 is 75/85 and the mt90 is 75/90. All nissan says is fill with a GL4 gear oil. Yes the MT90 might be a tad thicker but it’s not that much of a difference.

The other question is when buying one of these transmissions from Concept why is there the option of the MT90 and not just the OEM nissan gear oil. Yes they are in the business of selling oil but this is also setting there customer up for failure if they do buy the redline.

These have had problems since 2012, nissan knows that and Concept knows that. When I contacted concept when it first started doing it they said oh well maybe it’s not broken in yet, and they said that I would have to take it to a nissan dealer pay them for a diagnosis and see if nissan will warranty it.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.