TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - 9.5s up front is tight, but +30 offset for the front would
People Seeking Info

Subject 9.5s up front is tight, but +30 offset for the front would

Posted by nissubaru on August 26, 2020 at 9:05 AM
  This message has been viewed 336 times.

In Reply To Having 3-piece Weds Kranze LXZ wheels built. Offset help? posted by Vert93 (MN) on August 26, 2020 at 08:26 AM

Message be best. I have 9.5 up front with +28, technically its +38 but I brought it out 10mm with a spacer to avoid the strut on the inside. You will also have to compromise on tire size I went a little narrower with 255s. You start to rub on the fender liners, and I don't mean the fenders which can be rolled. I didn't actually have to roll my fenders but the front of my liners had to go.

In the rears I have 9.5s as well, still +38 and I'd say they fit great. But the offsets are different from an NA to a TT in the rear, or you have a wider range of offset capabilities. More on the inside/positive offset. Maybe someone can explain it better but for example lets say you're trying to fit a 10.5" wheel with say a +45 offset, the TT wheel might start to rub on the outside. You can try increasing the offset to something like +50 which effectively pulls the wheel 5mm inside more and away from the fenders. But when you go inside more obviously you have clearance inboard to worry about. The TT has the HICAS knuckles and all that shit.

--

With that said, your options are on the lower end so regardless of the fact your car was once an NA you're not trying to bring the offset up in the rears. I'd say option #1 is your best choice if you don't want any fitment issues and it will actually look pretty flush, the fronts a little less so than the rear. Option #2 will also work but you're going to have to spend some more time screwing with the fender liners in the front and I'm thinking you will rub in the rears without rolling.

I forgot I had some pics, first pic is the rear, second pic is the front. You can see how far the fronts are sticking out. Again this is 18x9.5 +38 all around with a 10mm spacer up front so +28 effectively. 275/35/18 in the rear and 255/35/18 in the front. This is also lowered on Tanabe springs and Tokico Illumina shocks.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.