TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Having 3-piece Weds Kranze LXZ wheels built. Offset help?
People Seeking Info

Subject Having 3-piece Weds Kranze LXZ wheels built. Offset help?

Posted by Vert93 (MN) on August 26, 2020 at 8:26 AM
  This message has been viewed 639 times.

Message I am looking for some offset/width help so I know what will fit best and not rub. My car is a '93 convertible with a TT conversion. Stock suspension, stock brakes. However, I might lower the car 1". And I will upgrade to larger front rotors with caliper relocation brackets in the near future.

The wheels I am having rebuilt are JDM 3-piece Weds Kranze LXZ. I want to them to be as close to flush as possible and I want to have lips that are as wide as possible.

If anybody has had these wheels on a Z32, or finds pictures of them on a Z32, please post them. I also want to know if "lo-disk" front wheels will clear front calipers. Or if I need mid/medium disk wheels on the front. That, of course, changes the offset. I can't do a test fit because the wheel builder and I are not in the same state (I am in Florida, they are in Cali).

I would prefer them to be 9.5" front/10.5" rear wheels so I have wider lips. But there is an 8.5/9.5 option if the wider ones will rub. So here are my options of how they can be built:

1) Front: 18x8.5 +32 offset, 2.5". Outer Lip, Lo-Disk
Rear 18x9.5 +32 offset, 3" Outer Lip, Lo-Disk

2) Front: 18x9.5 +30 offset. 3" Outer Lip, Lo-Disk
Rear 18x10.5 +17 offset 4" Outer Lip, Lo-Disk

3) Front 18x9.5 +22 offset. 3" Outer Lip, Mid-Disk
Rear 18x10.5 +17 offset 4" Outer Lip, Lo-Disk

I haven't decided yet on whether I want them polished, chrome, or diamond cut. Any opinions? I have never been a big fan of chrome wheels on a Z32. But in these wheels, they look pretty good (chrome costs more). Polished will require more work to keep them looking great (standard finish). Diamond cut (costs extra) could be the best option. Because like chrome, they are lower maintenance.

Any help would be appreciated. If you are telling me that something will or won't fit, will or won't rub, I would appreciate if you mention if that is an educated guess. Or if that's from actual first hand experience with that size on a Z32. And if that car had stock suspension and/or brakes. These will be pretty expensive wheels. And it's going to take 2 1/2 - 3 months to build these wheels (including ordering new lips, hardware, other parts, and refinishing). So I want to make sure there won't be any fitment issues before I get the ball rolling.

I have had this car for 16 years. I moved from Minnesota to Boca Raton, Florida in February. And now that I can drive the car year-round, I can finally justify spending a bunch of money on new wheels and tires.

And because I know I will be asked, the standard cost before options, shipping, and tires is $2400. Chrome or diamond cut adds cost (wasn't told the price yet). Other options are:

New Chrome or Black Bolts + $116.00
New 24K Gold Bolts + $174.00
New Zinc Plated Nuts + $40.60
New Valve Stems + $20.00
Refinish Inner Barrels (High Polish) + $200.00
Refinish Inner Barrels (Matte Black) + $250.00

The wheels currently on the car are 17 x 7.5 Volk GT-AV reps.

Image Hosted by ImageTitan.com

Photobucket

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.