TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Z's garage got some epoxy love
People Seeking Info

Subject Z's garage got some epoxy love

Posted by Stanky (BC) on August 07, 2020 at 8:01 PM
  This message has been viewed 477 times.

Message Been wanting to do this since last year when I bought the house, but never got around to it and then winter hit, which made it a tad too cold here to do it.

How it started out

It was my first time laying epoxy down. I did some research beforehand for which product I'd use and the method of applying it. First I obviously sweeped the floor thoroughly. Next I applied TSP heavy duty cleaner onto the floor and scrubbed as much stains as I could. Our unit was new when bought, and it had no oil spills, but it did have stains from the year or so of cars being in it so I still have it a good scrubbing.

I decided to go with the EpoxyShield kit from home depot($179 here in Canuck land). The kit came with it's own acid etching compound so I applied that as well, and scrubbed more...

I then let it dry completely for 48 hours before applying the 2 part epoxy. I decided to use the decorative flakes that came with the kit, I always liked the look of them.

Z came in after letting it dry for 3-4 days

Overall, I'd give myself a B+ on the job lol I was conflicted on weather or not to cover the cracks that were present in the concrete. The cracks were small stress cracks, and I thought the epoxy would cover them in. They did not unfortunately. Besides that I am happy with the product so far. I plan on turning it into a bit of a man cave so I've got a car mat on order as well.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.