TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I ran this setup for a short time on my last Z
People Seeking Info

Subject I ran this setup for a short time on my last Z

Posted by Ghoztt (MD) on June 29, 2020 at 7:14 AM
  This message has been viewed 338 times.

In Reply To question for those with 350z rotors with stock calipers posted by moxie (SF) on June 28, 2020 at 11:53 PM

Message I wasn't a huge fan of the slight brake pad overhang more than not utilizing the whole rotor since it means less surface area contact. Is that still an issue?

What pads are you using? I was using hawk pads at the time I ran this setup, I noticed increased braking performance while using this kit, and never noticed fade personally. However, I would think being further away from the rotor center along with the caliper/pad being the same on the smaller rotor, it would create more friction given the outside of the rotor is rotating faster, creating more heat. Combined with if you're having pad overhang, less surface area touching the rotor as well. The average operating temperature would be higher than the stock rotor/pad/caliper combo. Do you think you're noticing that? Try changing out the pads to a set of higher average operating temp compound and see if it improves.

1993 Nissan 300ZX Slicktop (Oxford Gray Metallic)
1992 Nissan Skyline GT-R (Gunmetal Gray)
- Long Live the Z and Godzirra! -
"Love cars. Love people. Love life." - Mr. K.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.