TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Unfortunately I use my quick jack on the Z far too often.
People Seeking Info

Subject Unfortunately I use my quick jack on the Z far too often.

Posted by megaDan on June 24, 2020 at 3:24 PM
  This message has been viewed 272 times.

In Reply To Quik Jack Placement posted by PNW280Z on June 24, 2020 at 09:52 AM

Message Place the quickjack underneath the frame rail, biased towards the center of the car. I use the taller of the rubber blocks that are provided. I believe the short blocks are TOO short, and will result in body contact with the QJ.

The rear jack point (oval shape just inside the frame rail ahead of the rear wheels) should be utilized with a rubber block placed towards the car centerline (driveshaft).

The front jack point (frame rail pinch weld in this case) should have the block placed towards the outside of the car (away from the centerline).

I find that ideal placement results in the QJ basically touching the front tire, assuming that your QJ orientation will send the car forward. If you have the QJ straddling the pinch weld, both QJ assemblies will be parallel and the car will raise/lower smoothly. Unfortunately I don't have any detailed pictures of jack placement, but hopefully this helps.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.