TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I'm on the "save it for last" bandwagon myself
People Seeking Info

Subject I'm on the "save it for last" bandwagon myself

Posted by Zvil (FL) on June 05, 2020 at 9:42 PM
  This message has been viewed 218 times.

In Reply To Re: Dont bother honestly posted by RBS145 on June 05, 2020 at 09:08 AM

Message I have the robz 62mm and although I'm in no hurry to get rid of mine, if I did it over again I would go somewhere else for more power, and save the throttle bodies for a last resort.

I had a small headache sorting out initial opening/idle throttle issues, the issues are now ALMOST non-existent, either that or I got used to driving with it LOL. I never noticed the difference on the butt dyno but you honestly wouldn't really feel the difference because larger throttle bodies mostly shine in the upper RPM range past the torque peak, so it's not really going to pull harder, it's just going to pull hard for longer.

If you're doing it to chase power numbers, size up for a larger turbo, bore out or shorten your intake runners, retard your intake cams

Looking for something fun to do to enjoy your Z more? Get Extreme performance summer tires, upgrade your sway bars, get a really nice sounding exhaust with an X-pipe

Want throttle response? do an efan, light flywheel, light driveshaft, lose those 20" rims and do a NA rear diff.... then come back to me if you want more ideas LOL

(discussion on ptu relocation)
"No good reason to put it there anyway. -Bernie (NoVA)
False -vorpalZ
False. -Bernie (NoVA)
You're correct, there are 3 good reasons -vorpalZ
False. -Bernie (NoVA)
Wow, right again, just remembered another, make that
4 -vorpalZ"
XD

SRC="http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o635/sjomada6/2011-
04-02_08-43-50_694.jpg">

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.