TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - New Member
People Seeking Info

Subject New Member

Posted by 666whptt on June 04, 2020 at 10:49 PM
  This message has been viewed 277 times.

Message Hello! So I use to be a member (550hptt) 12 or so years ago. I was hit from behind, Z was totaled, didn't get another one and lost interest in the forum.
My buddy (Todd) recently built a short wheel base turbo truck, he let me drive it one night and I got the turbo fever again lol. It must have meant to be because about 3 hours later my buddy called and offered to sell me his Z due to Covid-19 misfortunes. It was TO GOOD of a deal to pass up as well!!!
So what I have is a 92 TT coupe w/t-tops. He didn't have exact specifics of the motor because the motor donor cars owner passed away in the wreck. He was able to find the for sale ad and it stated it had the following.
"fully built motor" 9.1 CP Pistons, Eagle Rods, ARP Hardware, GT28 Turbos, HKS Hi-Power Exhaust, Upgraded Manifolds, OEM Cams, OEM Crank 440whp on 14psi & 490whp on 18psi

So the car was only drove 8-10,000 miles after the motor was installed then sat for 12-14 months. He put another 5-600 miles on it once he started driving it again. After running a 1/4 drag he said it began to sputter/running bad and smoke when you'd get in boost. He said he pulled the charge pipes and one had a coating of oil and assumes a turbo seal went out. Being he was out of a job, on hard times and a (Todd only has basic mechanic skills) mechanic quoting him $4000+ to fix it he sold it to me.

My current situation... I've got $3500-4500 on hand to invest in parts. I'm looking to run e85 and have a goal of 700+ whp. Initially i'm going to trouble shoot the car and hope I find a golden egg and it not be the turbo seals. Next week to get started I'll order a complete 3" exhaust, Fuel pump and Acc., Aluminum DS, (decide on turbos once i pull motor.)

Any input is appreciated. Thanks

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.