TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - What I hear you asking for in a tire is: "streetable",
People Seeking Info

Subject What I hear you asking for in a tire is: "streetable",

Posted by SirpriZ on March 26, 2020 at 8:13 PM
  This message has been viewed 256 times.

In Reply To Been awhile since I've posted on here.... posted by TTFairladyZ on March 24, 2020 at 08:01 AM

Message able to handle your first gear power, and pull it up to the line at a drag strip, and launch it. Based on your profile, and 1/4 mile times, it sounds like you have some experience and know what you need. The "old" MT drag radial has been replaced with the S/S. From what I can tell, it is essentially the same tire, although MT would probably say it's improved. It's a radial, with MT's slick (R2) compound. In a 17", the size to suit you would be a 275/40/17. That's about a 9" contact patch. While I agree with Mike, that the R888R is as good an all around performance tire you could get for our Zs (great handling characteristics, great straight line traction, decent wear, quiet, and safe in the rain), the only tire that can do what you are asking is a drag radial, or some version of a street/strip tire. A street tire (any street tire) is not going to hook to yield a 1.61 60' time, or anything close. That's impressive.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.