TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Product Review: BDE 36-1 Trigger wheel kit
People Seeking Info

Subject Product Review: BDE 36-1 Trigger wheel kit

Posted by volcomstone550 on February 24, 2020 at 9:24 PM
  This message has been viewed 1514 times.

Message Cliffs: Fit and finish is Flawless, install was extremely easy, setup was very simple. Brett is to Solidworks as Neo is to the Matrix

When receiving parts I usually do a quick 2 min lookover just to make sure I have all the parts, I spent about an hour just marveling at the design, machining, and quality hardware/ electronics. I have always noticed his parts are always exceeding my expectations, he truly is on another level for product development and execution. I have installed about every aftermarket part on various cars from sketchy ford v8 swapped 80s volvos to a Twin Turbo kit on a Lamborghini Huracan, every manufacturer of these parts usually stops at "this will work fine", Brett doesnt stop until every engineering legacy check box is ticked.

The BDE Trigger kit install on my project development car may be a bit different for most that still have the OEM “things” in the way. After removing the stock crank pulley and installing the ATI Race damper, I had all of 15mins installing the kit. The press fit of the crank trigger guarantees near zero runout and no vibration issues. I especially like the robust cam trigger with the gear spline for an external fuel pump.

I have setup a trigger wheel before and bretts is no different. Turn injectors off. Lock timing to any value that’s easy to read on the timing marks near the crank. Have a buddy check the timing while cranking engine and just add or subtract numbers in the software until you get your mechanical timing to match the ecu timing. (I am using a haltech Elite 2500) my haltech setup is in the pics below. This car will hopefully see 8000+ Rpm in the future and this kit definitely was the beginning piece of the puzzle.

bdetrigger1-2

bdetrigger2

bdetrigger3

bdetrigger6-2

bdetrigger5

[url=https://ibb.co/edHzmK]
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/mMFkRK/IMG_20180713_193021_
033.jpg[/img][/url]

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.