TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Ignition coil upgrade
People Seeking Info

Subject Ignition coil upgrade

Posted by wh0sjeff on February 18, 2020 at 2:42 AM
  This message has been viewed 1099 times.

Message I just wanna put this out there. I did the Audi r8 ignition coil conversion about 2 months ago because, even with my plugs gapped at .34 I would get spark blow out at high boost. I'm set at 30psi with gt2871s and gapping any less was screwing with my idle. I did alot of research and of course the r35 coils r the bee's knees but I. A broke cracker so I found a set of sensor coils for the r8 for like $130 and connectors for another $15. Wired them up, got rid of that dang ptu, put everything back together and turned the key and...nothing. forgot to put the fuel pump fuse back in, oops. Car started, purred and when I got it out on the Howie frankstien bridge, she pulled hard at 30psi and no blow out. Theyw great. So if anyone was considering a coilpack upgrade, the r8 coils are a good inexpensive way to go. And they just snap on the spark plugs so ya don't have to worry about bracket's to hold them in. I don't know how to post a pic or would show y'all how to take the boot off oem coils to create a watertight seal over the spark plugs holes. Anyways, that's all

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.