TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - If you're really that concerned, check out this prelube tank
People Seeking Info

Subject If you're really that concerned, check out this prelube tank

Posted by Polishzx on February 07, 2020 at 11:17 PM
  This message has been viewed 436 times.

In Reply To Starting rebuilt engine guidance posted by Kvert on February 07, 2020 at 07:38 PM

Message La-Z-Link. I bought one previously and was satisfied with how it worked. It allows you to charge the oiling system even just sitting on an engine stand. I was able to find a few small turbo oil feed leaks, which was handy. Fill tank with oil, pressurize tank to 50-100psi, connect to the oil pressure sending unit port or motor (need to buy adapter, figure out what thread is used, I think BSPT) and open valve, oil is feed through the system fairly instantly. Might be smart to use thinner oil for this type of pre-lube method, just a thought.

With that being said, if the motor is already in the car, I don't think there is any reason to buy the tank at this point. Disable fuel as mentioned above, Conzult has a nice fuel pump disable feature. I'm not sure I would even remove plugs, just crank it over a few extra second than normal like 5 to 7 seconds. Then enable fuel and fire it up.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.