TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - This is much more realistic that in 20 years Z32s may see
People Seeking Info

Subject This is much more realistic that in 20 years Z32s may see

Posted by LJZTT on January 13, 2020 at 8:33 PM
  This message has been viewed 292 times.

In Reply To I think you can watch 240Zs for an indication of posted by not4resaleZ on January 13, 2020 at 03:50 PM

Message similar trajectory, BUT IMHO there is a big, very tangible, distinction between 240Zs and Z32s that may prevent Z32s from seeing the kind of market that 240Zs are enjoying now...

I doubt Z32s are going to be lost at the same rate that rust and abandonment have claimed 240Zs from the 70's. The corrosion prevention technology that existed even back in 89-96 was likely far beyond what was even available to 240Zs, much less what was actually applied to them.

Ownership-stage car care products that were available for the Z32 when new were light years beyond what was available for 240Zs.

The mechanical, cosmetic, and various other parts that comprise a Z32 were likely IN GENERAL more durable and higher quality than what was found in 240Zs, and will stand the test of time better.

Combine all this with the fact that I am willing to wager, based on price point, that the circumstances of the typical Z32 owner included a higher rate of garage-life than for 240Zs.

What makes the 20 year outlook for Z32s even more dim is the fact that based on current trends, our "betters" may not even permit most, if not any of us, to own gas powered automobiles 20 years from now as we slide into despotism at an increasing rate.

30 years ago...or now?

"I torch my soul to show the world that I am pure deep inside my heart...."
--William Patrick Corgan

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.